Google+ Pieces o' Eight: Logitech Unifying Receiver Lag - Solved!

Saturday 9 March 2013

Logitech Unifying Receiver Lag - Solved!

I'm a big fan of Logitech's Unifying Receiver technology - I have the Performance MX mouse and the K800 Illuminated keyboard, both of which are excellent. One problem, however, seemed to affect the mouse particularly: Intermittent lag. Every so often the mouse would stop responding, do something weird or behave in a temperamental and highly frustrating manner. Happily I have managed to find a solution to this and resolved all of my lag problems.



It turns out that pretty much all wireless equipment (WiFi, Bluetooth, gamepads, cordless phones etc etc.) are all jammed in to the same frequency range and the WiFi from my router was causing interference. After changing the channel the router was operating on the lag went away immediately.

So if you're having any lag problems or odd behavior with your Unifying Technology device, give the above a try. I'd be interested to hear if this worked for you in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. use different port. move from other electronic resonances

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i connect my xbox 1 controller the internet disconnects. I ordered a new controller and instead of a router I will have cable wifi. Hope that will solve the problem. Let me know what u guys think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the hard effort you've put in. I appreciate it and thank you for sharing it.
    Logitech Unifying Software

    ReplyDelete